Posted: April 15, 2020
In keeping with current CDC guidelines and Maine Governor Janet Mills’ latest executive order, effective April 2, 2020, Friends of Seguin Board of Directors has established the following guidelines for the 2020 season effective upon opening, except for essential activities as noted below until further notice:
- the cove moorings will be available to day visitors and those overnighting on-board their own vessel. This year, mooring donations will be appreciated!
- picnic areas and trails will be maintained and available for day use only
- visitors must maintain a minimum 6 foot distance from one another
- pets must be leashed at all times, additionally to facilitate social distancing
- the lighthouse, gift shop, and museum will be closed to visitors. No tours.
- the island will be closed to group gatherings regardless of size
- overnight stays above the museum or camping will be closed to visitors
- the outhouse at the base of the Lighthouse Trail will be open for visitors’ use
- No drone aircraft permitted for reasons of safety and personal welfare.
In order to keep Seguin Island open, please continue to respect the island by employing a high level of hygiene when using the outhouse and by removing your trash and dog waste upon departure. Where possible, visitors’ use of all facilities on-board their own vessels, including the head, will be greatly appreciated.
Please check back here on a regular basis for Seguin Island updates to the preceding intentions as conditions and guidelines continue to change rapidly.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.